Welcome, SIG Addicts

...to your daily fix for all things Sig Sauer
Discussion topics about SIG handguns

TOPIC: P290rs IWB suggestions

P290rs IWB suggestions 1 year 8 months ago #5451

Any suggestions on IWB holsters for a Sig P290?

Rat
The administrator has disabled public write access.

P290rs IWB suggestions 1 year 8 months ago #5528

I looked around a bit for a good IWB holster for my 290, and the one I like best is an Uncle Mike's "Inside the Pant" right-handed holster -- size 1 (style #8901-1). I am right-handed and wear this clipped inside my belt, but not inside my pants (personal preference). The belt keeps it in nice and tight, and with the 290's tiny size, there is no imprint and it's invisible as long as I have my shirt un-tucked.

In the summertime, when I'm wearing cargo shorts, I like to keep my 290 in a front pocket. I have a second identical Uncle Mike's holster that I cut the plastic clip off of that makes a nice sleeve for it inside my pocket -- it serves to break up the outline very well. So far, these work best for me, but I am always looking for other options (which are still limited for the 290).

I have a suede/leather Bianchi IWB holster that works very well for my 228 & 229, but unfortunately, they have not made one to fit the 290 yet (as far as I know). In addition to the Bianchi, I also use an Uncle Mikes "Inside the Pant" holster for these guns as well -- a size 15.
Attachments:

P290rs IWB suggestions 1 year 8 months ago #5530

+1 on the Uncle Mike's IWB holsters. They're good. Blackhawk makes one that's nearly identical to it, which is what I use. I have one holster that I can use with just about all of my different concealed carry weapons.

If you're having trouble finding a weapon-specific IWB holster, Uncle Mike's or Blackhawk are the ways to go. They're generic-fit holsters, but they work. The only difference between the Uncle Mike's and the Blackhawk IWB holsters is the clips are at slightly different angles, so it'll boil down to personal preference as to which one you like.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Advertisement