Welcome, SIG Addicts

...to your daily fix for all things Sig Sauer
Discussion topics about SIG handguns
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dating sig by serial number

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1456

Does anyone here know any websites that would assist me in dating the production of my Sig 1911? I know I can call sig, and thats what I will do if I cant find any other way. I just dont want to call thier 800 number and sound like a goon asking them to tell me when my pistol was made, lol. Any help would be appreciated! B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1458

• downtownv
  • One Shot; One Kill
I've seen other forums that post ranges of s/n's by gun model. I found out my sig 229 was made feb. 1994 over 12000 rounds and runs faster than the guy that robbed a liquor store! :P
ALL Sadly lost in Hurricane Sandy 10/29/12

Sig 229 Miami Beach PD
Sig 938
Kahr K-9 NYPD
Kimber Target II Stainless
Kahr cw-9 Wife's PocketBook Heater
FN 1910
Ruger .22

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1468

• bearone2
  • Marksman
  • Retired
ilgunguygt wrote:
Does anyone here know any websites that would assist me in dating the production of my Sig 1911? I know I can call sig, and thats what I will do if I cant find any other way. I just dont want to call thier 800 number and sound like a goon asking them to tell me when my pistol was made, lol. Any help would be appreciated! B)

they're's no problem callng sig, if it's a relatively new. i've called them a lot on various used sigs i've purchased that didn't have a date on the case.
"may the force be with you"

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1474

tell us what you have...SiGARMS???...SiG Sauer???...GSR???...GSR Revolution???...SiG Sauer 1911???...manhole cover on slide???...we can help...what model too...

Bill
Fast is fine...Accuracy is Final
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1518

silversport wrote:
tell us what you have...SiGARMS???...SiG Sauer???...GSR???...GSR Revolution???...SiG Sauer 1911???...manhole cover on slide???...we can help...what model too...

Bill

Mine says SiGARMS GSR Revolution on the slide. It does have the manhole cover. The serial number is GS04657(yeah, I'm one of those guys that doesnt care if people have my serial numbers). I have posted pictures on here in another thread, but here are two of them:

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1557

My serial number for my SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX is 9009 and was made late 2006 IIRC (after checking the internet, i mentioned it was in my hands by late October 2006) and has no manhole cover...the odds are yours is pre MiM parts (if that matters to you)...hopefully we will zero in on when yours was made but I hope it's a keeper as mine is...

Bill
NRA Life Member
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by silversport.

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1558

Yours may be early enough to have a Caspian frame, EGW, Storm Lake, Greider, etc. parts...mine has the earlier hump grip safety (Caspian as well IIRC)...if your works well you have what was the promise of the Granite State Rail (the original name...even for those without the rail) ...the Revolution was the first upgrade from just a GSR...

BILL
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1560

It's hard for me to tell but you appear to have the earlier made SiG ACT/Novak mags for yours...mine came with Checkmate mags that I found had weak 8 round springs...I upgraded mine to Tripp Research CobraMag 7 rounders using their upgrade kits that have been 100% ever since...

Bill
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1563

I'll bet we're going to find yours was made in 2006...mine is an early Revolution and I looked on the forums and find I got it in October of 2006 right from SiG...the STX was brand new and the manhole cover was recently dropped from their slides when I got mine (publicity photos had the manhole cover)

Bill
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1741

where'd you go???... :whistle: ... ;)
Bill
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1929

So, I called sig, and the rep on the phone said they could look thate info up for me, no problem. Then asked me if I had a credit card number, so that I could pay the 49.95 fee for them looking it up and sending me a certificate. I told them I just wanted an approximate date, could care less about a certificate. Too bad, pay or nothing. Starting to think that this will be my last sig I buy with customer service like that.

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1941

I gotcha close for free...if yours was not rebuilt as a CPO, the manhole cover never made it out of 2006 and I don't think the Revolution improvement on the original GSR didn't start much before then...sorry for your treatment by SiG Customer Service...sometimes it isn't much service...

Bill
NRA Life Member

Dating sig by serial number 1 year 10 months ago #1973

• Damol
  • Plinker
If you think Sig customer service is bad try Beretta.
Its been a joke on the Beretta Forum for years.
A lot of service reps could learn a lot from Smith & Wesson
or Springfield Armory, I had to send a M&P 9L back to S&W
and it was easy to work with them. I had to deal with SAI
and on the second call ended up laughing so hard I had tears
running down my cheaks. Both companys new what was needed and
how to take care of it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Advertisement